Sunday 9 May 2010

Daniel Boud



Daniel Boud...
here is part of an interview with him...
I love taking pictures. I’ve been doing it since i was a kid but it’s not something i took seriously until i bought my first digital camera. That was just a simple Canon Ixus V, but i used it almost every day, snapping ordinary things in my life.
I love seeing live music so would take my camera along and shoot pictures from the crowd.
I upgraded to a Canon 350D in March 2005 on a trip to Austin for SXSW. I wangled myself a media pass and shot dozens of gigs. SPIN and Rolling Stone magazine found some of my SXSW photos online and asked to publish them.
I’ve since been published again in SPIN and Rolling Stone plus other press including NME, Vanity Fair, The Sydney Morning Herald, Dazed and Confused, Nylon and dozens more. I used to work a lot for Drum Media and Mess and Noise.
I sometimes syndicate my photos through Retna.
I’ve got a BA (Media and Communication) from UNSW but no formal training in photography besides a short course in lighting from ACP.
My photography gear
The most common question i get asked is “what camera do you use?” I don’t think it matters a great deal, but if you’re curious, this is what i use.
* Canon 5D
* Canon 5D Mark II
* Tamron 14mm f2.8
* Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II
* Canon 50mm f1.4
* Canon 85mm f1.8
* Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS
* Canon Speedlite 580ex
* Canon Speedlite 580ex II
* Crumpler 6 Million Dollar Home
* Crumpler Cork and Fork
Conparing my equipment to his I could say that I should be able to take picture of the same quality but there is something that cannot be seen. Hes got some extraordinary skills ability to capture breathtaking moments.

http://www.boudist.com/
http://www.musicphotographer.co.uk/
http://www.stevecarter.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment